Help please ...skin issue

lalarni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello could someone please advise me what i'm doing wrong here?

The first picture is how my skin looks using Firestorm browser and the 2nd is Singularity.

I asked a group in world and they said it looks like my skins don't match if that's the case why does one browser look o.k and the other it doesn't?  <frustrated>

Thank you...sorry if i posted in the wrong forum

.36d5e5b08491b29cbe6389f438b1f7dd.png

6d0376e0e5fe986a5d3c22db843217ba.png

The issue appears to be some problem rendering a makeup layer on the mesh head, note the line across the forhead. Specifically, some harsh shadowing on that layer, Chic Anon mentioned shadow problems in a thread elsewhere with new FS. This may be related.

Paging Dr. Super Whirly...

Yes, I think it IS related as those shadows seem to look very much like the ones I posted about last night and are new (for me) in the latest Firestorm CLEAN install :D.   If you look  under the bust area, you see those same ugly and sharp shadows. 

For me the issue is very Windlight specific. IF you are using the same Windlight setting in both viewers then it appears that it may very well be a Firestorm problem. I did test in Opensim with the same results so not an "SL Sever" issue. 

It DOES seem to be a "mesh" issue though as all the times I have seen it, it was on mesh, not on natural terrain anyway or a prim -- I seldom see things these days that aren't mesh. 

You can "fix" the issue for you by adapting your Windlight setting. For me making it later in the afternoon by just a bunch fixed it. That has nothing to do with how others see you of course and we have never had any control over that :D.

@ Klytyna and Chic Aeon thanks. I'm downloading a older version of firestorm and will give that a whirl and see if that fixes the issue for me. I seem to have those weird shapes no matter what lighting :(

Do I need to clean my glasses or could it be that the Singularity screenshot has less anti aliasing as part of your graphic settings? The corners of the drawers on the sideboard are pretty obvious, the pixelated lines along your arms and the hairline framing the face need a little closer look.

Just to be sure: that is a mesh head, right?
The Firestorm screenshot gives me the impression as if a tattoo layer on the head would be shown with a slight tint for whatever reason and/or not fully transparent. 
But that wouldn't explain the weird rendering on the chest area.

I think I'd fiddle with alpha masks on and off ... found in Preferences > Graphics > Rendering tab, those two checkboxes unter "Alpha Mask Rendering".
Or perhaps with the Avatar Shadows presets dropbox selection on the Graphics > General tab.

Perhaps even in the Developer menu (hit ctrl + alt +q if you don't have it activated to show), then the Rendering submenu ... SSAO and Shadow Smoothing on/off

Thankyou for all the replies it's appreciated. I managed to fix it, i removed singularity and updated my ati drivers. Now i can have hardware skinning on with my mesh not vanishing. (i couldn't see my avvie before when it was on) When i turn it off again it look's the same as that pic. I'm not too sure what hard skinning is and if i will look like that to people who have it off but it looks fine from my end <giggles> .

Once again thanks for the replies and i tried out your suggestions. :)

• Like 1

Ahh great!
Mystery solved too. 
Rigged mesh will look very blotchy with hardware skinning disabled.

If you were using one of the older AMD drivers that had the bug where all rigged mesh would be invisible, BUG-7653 - AMD Catalyst 14.12 Release ( plus 14.9.2, 14.11.1, 14.11.2 Beta) drivers will not render rigged mesh unless hardware skinning is disabled. , then it likely also had this driver bug which breaks shadows BUG-7627 - &nbsp;[AMD 14.9 Catalyst] Projected Shadows not displaying properly

Both bugs are fixed on the more recent AMD drivers.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.