Windows Creator Update and Blender Crashes

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the lucky day I got the Win10 Creator's Update (pro version) Blender has been crashing a lot. I didn't have crashes before. Now, moving nodes sliders in RENDERED view can lead to bye-bye-restarts. I even just crashed in MATERIALS view doing nothing the least bit tricky. Since nothing else has changed that I know of, I am suspecting that update. 

So anyone out there that gets it in the future (took about half an hour on my computer), you might want to SAVE a bit more often. It is manageable, just not fun. Any ideas on how to deal with this better are always welcome. No other issues with any other programs -- that I have noticed so far; it has been about a week. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Christhiana said:

I've had blender drop out on me a few times after the creator update. Reinstalling the driver for my graphics card fixed it for me.

Good to know. Thanks. Mine only seems to die when I am in render mode playing with nodes for "a look" :D. I have been carefully saving before playing ^^. My drivers get updated automatically so that probably isn't it but may give it a try, but coping, coping, coping  - LOL. 

New Blender coming out soon so maybe that will fix the issue since Creator Update isn't all that new.  

Edited by Chic Aeon

I didn't update the driver I reinstalled the one that was already installed.

But yeah, it sucks when you have everything setup and working and a windows update messes it all up again.

Looking forward to the new blender version though! :)

Just wanted to update as I JUST got the Creator's Update this morning ( silly me, I thought it had installed in the night LOL).  

So that had nothing to do with the Blender crashes. They seem to have stopped on their own so some other software conflict that an autoupdate fixed maybe. I am ALSO very careful moving those node sliders in RENDERED mode now too and always save, so the "fix" may partly be me too. 

Oh I see you've figured it wasnt that, I was going to say ive had the Creator update for months since im on the insider preview program, I have not had any crashes in blender or elsewhere.  If it keeps acting up I would suspect perhaps what Christhiana said about drivers, or worst case, hardware failure of the graphics card :/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.