Buy Land on Beta Grid

Kalya Damour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi dear all,

i know Beta is Beta but is it possible to get a small piece of land on beta grid? i sometime work a long time more than 4hours and getting all my stuff back in my inventory and start again is just .. erk ^^

Thanks to let me know ^^

KD

3 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Kalya Damour said:

Hi dear all,

i know Beta is Beta but is it possible to get a small piece of land on beta grid?

KD

No, I'm afraid not.

13 hours ago, Kalya Damour said:

i sometime work a long time more than 4hours and getting all my stuff back in my inventory and start again is just .. erk ^^

I know how it is. The mesh sandboxes have 12 hours autoreturn though. Is that enough?

I simply made two li'l scripts for builds that I need more time on beta for, one that records the item's position and another that autmatically puts it back in position when I rez it.

• Like 2

In the olden days there were lots of plots of land "for sale" on the beta grid. Whether you could actually BUY it was always a question, but there were full neighborhoods and such. NOW as I look at the map, all the for sale icons with prices are in UNKNOWN sims. The beta grid appears to be more transitory that it was in the past. These days I am always on the mesh sandbox (or my alt is anyway). 

An easy way to get your build back in Firestorm (and perhaps the Linden viewer although I thought they took the feature out years ago) is RESTORE TO PREVIOUS POSITION which works fine.    

Another important thing to note is that if you are working on large projects it is good to save a copy of you build in a SUBFOLDER and not just under OBJECTS.  Today, once again, yesterdays build which had been taken back into inventory all textured and linked was gone from the Objects folder (it was there when she logged off). Also there are tons of "New Folder" icons with nothing in them. So the inventory on the beta grid is VERY transitory lately. I have done several tests and putting the items in a subfolder (which I happily did yesterday) works well. 

RESTORE.jpg.f5cc7791d0669ed9af9eb5bad4994b5a.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.