Need to report abuse in a Linden-sanctioned, user-run program

Aemeth Lysette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

My issue to report isn't covered by Linden Labs' normal ticket system, but it has to do with something the company is invested in directly. So far I haven't been able to contact any staff about this, but one of the reasons why I must report it is because the Linden-sanctioned group knows that no Linden is paying attention.

If you are a Linden and you see this, please contact me. If you know where to locate one, please let me know, this is a pretty awful situation and it needs to stop.

Thanks,

Aemeth Lysette

3 answers to this question

That's not the way things work.  Linden Lab doesn't respond to suspected abuse that's reported in the forums, and they aren't going to just contact you to ask what's up.  If you have something to report, submit an Abuse Report.  If you can't find a category that fits your complaint perfectly, do your best.  If you can't identify the abuser or you suspect that a group is doing something against the TOS, type "Governor Linden" into that spot.

• Like 6

Thanks! The only reason I asked on the forum was because the "report" section said complaints in the wrong field get deleted. It's been a pain trying to find the right place to put this, mostly because I think LL just doesn't deal with this often. I appreciate your help!

If you're not sure how to file the abuse report, this will help: https://modemworld.me/2017/03/24/raising-abuse-reports-in-second-life/

If this group is a third party viewer & you feel the group/viewer is in breach of the TPV guidelines, then you can file a JIRA issue in the TPV project:
Go to https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa & in the project section, choose "Third-Party viewers" - "Violation Report".

If the problem is a "Security" issue, ie a problem that might compromise residents or the Second Life Grid, the you can submit a SEC JIRA issue or email security@lindenlab.com.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.