New merchant help

Catrie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently started a fashion store on the MP.  However,  I'm wondering if there are any active groups or classes or whatever that helps new merchants learn the ins and outs of business in SL.  I'm also looking for any fashion designer groups that I can learn from.  I don't want to do too much, too fast and have my store go kaput. So, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks, 

Catrie

CatCo Studios

I am not aware of any groups or classes, but the great thing about the MP is that it is pretty hard for it to go kaput, since you have no expenses until you actually sell something. I would work on making a banner of you haven't started already. You have some cute things there I might have to put you in the Vanity Thread. What you have done so far looks great.

Hey I bought one of your dresses, it is really cute, but it said it had a Maitreya size, and all i got were the 5 standard sizes, which work ok but don't fit as well as one made specifically for Maitreya

I'm sooo sorry about that.  It looks like I made all the sizes, just didn't include them in the packaging.  =(  I sent you the Maitreya.  Again, I'm sooo sorry for the mixup.  

• Like 1

@Catrie I'd like to make some suggestions. Offer a demo for all of your clothing. It could only but help sales and its a great customer service piece.  A lot of people (myself included) will generally not buy clothing unless a demo is available. There really aren't any downsides.

I would also be mindful of how big your logo is on your product pictures. Due to its size, your logo is what is catching my eye before your clothing. If I was scanning the MP I might easily look over your product as a result.You really want the emphasis to be on your product.

The product photos aren't terrible but they definitely could be better.They are uniform which is nice but I'd question your choice of background images. The metal grading on the Kim outfit would be an example. It doesn't really do anything to enhance the product in anyway and IMO it does not fit the style of clothing presented in front of it either. Your brick background used most commonly in your other shots also seems rather pointless. You barely see it anyway, at that point it might as well be blank. So play with that some more. I'd also check your spelling. I found at least one misspelling just quickly glancing over your store.

To Talli's point, your store is on the MP which carries no upfront costs so the only way you're going to go under is to take on a storefront inworld and the cost exceeds your sales.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.