Transferring a MP store to another account

DaisyDaze

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, DaisyDaze said:

is it possible for me to transfer a store I've created on the MP to another account ?  I can't find information about this anywhere

thanks!

daze

no, the store itself is bonded to your account, only the content that is transfer you can put on your other account and use in the new store.

• Like 2

If this is an alt that you want to switch to or a business partner you are going in with, then you could send your original content (or gachas I guess :D) to the person who would hold the account. They would need to reproduce the listings and could give you part or all of the money by using the "Revenue Distribution" option at the bottom of the listing form. 

Then you could take down the items in the other account as you cannot list twice. Actually a better plan would be to unlist the items in the current Marketplace store and then relist in the new store and then delete them from the original account so that you don't forget as you cannot have the same product sold by two different people -- unless of course it is a full perm item that someone sells to let others resell and I never agreed with that LOL. 

Anyway a LOT of work if you have very many products, so may not be something you want to do. 

I know it is against the TOS to sell your avatar account, but other folks have taken over stores from the original content creator assumably by buying the items full perm and the rights to sell them.  There may be some extra hoops to go through with Linden Lab as I know you have to have lots of proof to take over an account of someone who has died. It IS REAL MONEY you see :D.

That was probably more than you needed to know. 

• Like 2

thanks so much to you both for the help... I was just thinking about using a business alt to keep some of the IMs down on my main avi.  Guess Im in for a bunch more work but better in the early stages than 6 months down the line ! 

so appreciate your answers !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.