Pricing estimates on getting a custom-modeled & animated avatar?

Nimmlers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was curious as to a general estimate of how much it would cost me to get a custom-modeled and animated avatar, specifically of the pony variety.

A more specific set of image-based references can be found here, for context about the actual model I want made. (Warning: NSFW images contained within the gallery.)

Modeling custom mesh avatars, including rigging them uvmapping them, and texturing them is basically a full time kind of job, budget for at least 100 hours at $20-50 per hour depending on how keen you are to have the perfect unique nobody else will ever wear it furry avatar.

As you may have guessed you are certainly not the first furry to expect a customised bespoke avatar for a 'few bucks'.

Just an FYI, yoiu can get mesh MLP avis inworld, even the NSFW bits... and the wings horns tails all that stuff, mod kits etc, that will look virtually identical to the stuff in the pictures and cost you a lot less.

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

...budget for at least 100 hours at $20-50 per hour...

I love absurdly large numbers.

Basically what she said. Something like this would take weeks or months of work, which is weeks or months of time they aren't doing something they can sell afterwards. There are people who do take on custom work, but I suspect most people are going to throw out huge ridiculous numbers like this as a way of saying no. If I was capable of this (I'm not familiar with whole avatar creation), I would throw out a huge number like this too.

Lastly, you'll get more in one of the other boards that specifically deals with this kinds of requests.

On 6/10/2017 at 9:28 PM, Nimmlers said:

I was curious as to a general estimate of how much it would cost me to get a custom-modeled and animated avatar, specifically of the pony variety.

A more specific set of image-based references can be found here, for context about the actual model I want made. (Warning: NSFW images contained within the gallery.)

Or you could just go off the shelf:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bat-Box-Bat-Pony-Mod-Kit/6167687

There's quite a lot of pony products on the market already, and most of them are modifiable to be customized even further.

On 6/13/2017 at 5:58 PM, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

I love absurdly large numbers.

Basically what she said. Something like this would take weeks or months of work, which is weeks or months of time they aren't doing something they can sell afterwards. There are people who do take on custom work, but I suspect most people are going to throw out huge ridiculous numbers like this as a way of saying no. If I was capable of this (I'm not familiar with whole avatar creation), I would throw out a huge number like this too.

Lastly, you'll get more in one of the other boards that specifically deals with this kinds of requests.

I don't throw out numbers as a way of saying no, its a way of saying "This is what you can expect to pay me, for me to be willing to work on it" hell if they pay me I won't ever say no :)
Though the amount that goes into a full avatar like that is quite a lot, such as finding a rig to use for the pony AOs or having to even make your own for all of it etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.