I don't know what is my first name and second name in SL

gdejavu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, gdejavu said:

I'm trying another viewer for the first time and I have to write my first and second name in SL, but I don't know them "-.- . Help

First name would be the name you used to sign up to Second Life with, which I'm guessing is gdejavu. If it's asking for a second name, then it's usually something like Resident.

43 minutes ago, gdejavu said:

I'm trying another viewer for the first time and I have to write my first and second name in SL, but I don't know them "-.- . Help

33 minutes ago, ForrestChild said:

First name would be the name you used to sign up to Second Life with, which I'm guessing is gdejavu. If it's asking for a second name, then it's usually something like Resident.

Yep.  Long ago Avatars signed up with both a first and last name.  Now you simply sign up with a username and your last name is 'Resident'.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yep.  Long ago Avatars signed up with both a first and last name.  Now you simply sign up with a username and your last name is 'Resident'.

47 minutes ago, ForrestChild said:

Thank you ^^

• Like 1

For completeness (just in case anyone ever asks in Trivia), you have three names:

Your Legacy Name consists of two words: a first name and a last name.  Accounts created before 2010 have unique first/last name pairs.  Those created after 2010 all have the last name "Resident".

Your Username is the name that you are known by officially. It is all in lower case.  For accounts with the "last name" Resident, the username is just the "first name", without the "Resident".  For older accounts, the Username is created from the Legacy Name by replacing the space between the first and last name with a period.

Your Display Name is a nickname, used for convenience within SL.  By default, older accounts use the full Legacy Name as the Display Name.  Newer accounts use the Legacy Name without the "Resident" part.  You may change your Display Name once a week.

It is also possible to get a custom name if you meet some specific requirements and pay a $500 (USD, not L$) setup fee and a $500/year registration fee.  See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Second_Life_Last_Names_FAQ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.