Objects Distorting when moving two meters away from them?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been playing second life for awhile now and there's something that has always bothered me. If I go, say around two meters away from the object, it distorts and becomes really low quality/poly. 

I've had a scroll through the options multiple times and cannot find a solution, my rig is pretty high spec, find details below. Can anyone help out with what this may be?

Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k CPU @3.50Ghz (4 CPUs) Quad Core
Ram: 16 GB DDR4 RAM, Total Mem: (16384mb)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 TI (2gb (10184mb))
HDD: 1tb WD Black 7200 RPM
SSD: 240 GB Samsung
O.S: Windows 10 Enterprise (64 bit operating system, x64 based processor)

1 hour ago, Nicole2112 Longfall said:

So I've been playing second life for awhile now and there's something that has always bothered me. If I go, say around two meters away from the object, it distorts and becomes really low quality/poly. 

my rig is pretty high spec

You wrote "the object" ... so is it merely one object, always the same one, that keeps distorting?
Then Pamela's hint is more than likely: the creator of said object simply messed up its lower render states. Nothing you can do to fix the object.
You could bump up your object detail to basically eliminate the low render state, roughly spoken, but that merely adds a lot of render weight just for the sake of one object.

1 hour ago, Nicole2112 Longfall said:

my rig is pretty high spec

Scratch "high", put "from average to basic gaming entry level" ... still fine in terms of SL and its needs, nonetheless.

It is most likely not your system but the MESH (I am assuming here) that wasn't uploaded properly.  In order to see "that" mesh better you can turn your LOD settting up. You can find those in the GRAPHICS preferences. Hopefully you don't need to set to 4 to see the object. 

Well made made with good LOD settings should work well for you so I am guessing that this isn't ALL objects or that you have a lot of C*&^% mesh around *wink*.

If that's not it, write back with more details and maybe a screenshot. 

One interesting test would be to go to Linden Realms which is optimized for VERY low LOD viewer settings. If the items distort there too, then it is another issue. It rarely is however.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nicole2112 Longfall said:

All that found was this, which really begs to differ on my problem, the two are not the same;

From the description of your problem, it's pretty much the same problem.

What is also causing much earlier LOD switches is when the cam isn't reset. That happens when you hit Ctrl +0 a couple of times. Ctrl + 9 is cam reset.

Edited by arton Rotaru

1 hour ago, arton Rotaru said:

From the description of your problem, it's pretty much the same problem.

What is also causing much earlier LOD switches is when the cam isn't reset. That happens when you hit Ctrl +0 a couple of times. Ctrl + 9 is cam reset.

Certainly a possibility. That reset is so ingrained in me I forget about it when thinking about issues of others.  If that IS the issue then changing back to default may solve the issue if it is an "everything" issue which I am still not clear about :D. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.