Stuck at "waiting for region handshake..." :'(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I been an on and off user of SL for many years, and never had a problem.

I then today wanted to log in again but my viewer won't get me further than to "waiting for region handshake..." 

I tried multiple viewers, Firestorm, Alchemy and basic SL viewer but constantly the same.

I use BitDefender but I feel like I tried everything turning firewall and antivirus off but nothing seems to make a difference, I hope that someone can help me out... :(

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

It is rolling restart day this week -- so some sims will be down temporarily (sometimes as much as 30 minutes). Try logging into another sim. 

I tried for nearly a day now and I am still unable to get further than waiting for region handshake... :(

Edited by Essaidi Collinson

36 minutes ago, Essaidi Collinson said:

I tried for nearly a day now and I am still unable to get further than waiting for region handshake... :(

You didn't answer daltonprock's question - Is it when logging in to only a specific region or when logging in to any region?  Have you tried logging in to more than one location?

49 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You didn't answer daltonprock's question - Is it when logging in to only a specific region or when logging in to any region?  Have you tried logging in to more than one location?

when I try and it fails it gives me the option to click teleport I tried that and it was still the same I also tried selecting other places when using firestorm (you know here you can click home/last location/bookmarks but still same thing... :|

8 minutes ago, Essaidi Collinson said:

when I try and it fails it gives me the option to click teleport I tried that and it was still the same I also tried selecting other places when using firestorm (you know here you can click home/last location/bookmarks but still same thing... :|

I would suggest trying a different viewer to see if you experience this issue at all, if so you need to report it to Firestorm Viewer and Second Life's Support Portal. It ether sounds like a region issue or viewer issue. So contact the appropriate communications channels so they can look into what is going on.

I have this same issue for 3 days. 

Most of the time i can't even access www.secondlife.com. In this state i can't log at all on any viewer.

Sometimes www.secondlife.com is working, then i am stuck at waiting for region handshake message when trying to log in.

And it happened a few times i could log in for half an hour or an hour or so, yet voice isn't working at all. ( Voice server connection message appears ), and i'm not guaranteed to log in back in case of i log out.

After many tests and quite much reading, i think this is an issue with my ISP which can't establish a connection with secondlife for some reason, and the voice server's connection issue is most surely related to this. 

I made some traceroute and ping commands to the www.secondlife.com internet address and it shows that someone is struggling at a point between my IPS and secondlife.

EDIT : Good news, after 3 days everything went just fine (for now) .. 

Edited by prettynoob

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.