Toddleedoo hair issue.

leeseohyun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know a lot of hairbases or toddleedoo's but what first comes to mind is that the hairbase is too large for the toddleedoo's head size, and that's why parts of it are sticking out.  Though I don't know if a hair base (or brow base they're also sometimes called) is something that can be edited, so I don't really have an answer...  except maybe editing your head shape slightly in that area (so it's slightly larger there)?

Yeah I tried editing the head and it only vanishes when I make it 35+ up which obviously looks silly on a Toddleedoo baby head and the hair bases from this store are no mod I don't know anywhere that has hairbases for Toddleedoos...

It is not easy to see. Is it a mesh head, a prim head or a system head? I don't know the kid avatar systems so well, but I can see Toddledoo bodies on the Marketplace, and they advertise that you can use your system head with them.

It looks like a mesh head. I wonder then, is the system head totally deformed and squeezed under it? The shape of the things sticking out remind me of eyelashes. If it is the lashes from the default avatar, setting eyelash length to zero and add an alpha layer for lashes (comes free many places) will sort out that problem.

22 minutes ago, leeseohyun Resident said:

It's a system head. I have a mesh head but not using it on this picture.

Well then, try to texture your default hair. If you can edit the bald eyebrow shape, the default hair we can never take off. If that is modify, try to change it. In appearance, click edit outfit, then, body parts and the "bald cap" that's often named something with eyebrows. You know, that brown hair symbol.

You should see a transparent texture in the small square, I put an arrow there. If you already have that square in transparent, then I don't know what to do... But, if it show anything else than transparent, click on it and get up the edit texture window (right part of the picture). Firestorm has transparent as an option here, if you are on the official viewer or another without it, go to filter textures, search for default transparent and get up the transparent texture we all have in the library. Choose it and click ok. This renders the hair that can't be removed transparent.

Hope that helps!

image brow.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added big image, took it out and put in a smaller one
  • Like 1

Great information, Marianne.  I wasn't aware of that level of detail regarding the eyebrow shape item.  

On a related note (I think) I was browsing through some of the outfit files in the Inventory Library area, and noticed that some of the females (Library->Clothing->Initial Outfits->Carla, for example), have a 'System Eyelash Alpha' item, so I'm thinking wearing that may also be another way to get it transparent (?)

4 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Great information, Marianne.  I wasn't aware of that level of detail regarding the eyebrow shape item.  

On a related note (I think) I was browsing through some of the outfit files in the Inventory Library area, and noticed that some of the females (Library->Clothing->Initial Outfits->Carla, for example), have a 'System Eyelash Alpha' item, so I'm thinking wearing that may also be another way to get it transparent (?)

Yes Moira, but since it is her system head, it can't be the eyelashes. If it was a mesh head, maybe the default head was deformed to fit a certain size. I am not familiar with child avatars, so I could only guess. But since it is the default sl head, when you set it very small, the default hair can poke out, I think. I have only eyebrow shapes that is transparent, so I can't be sure. But since it is her default SL head, it must be an issue with that and not the mesh body she is wearing? She also said that she can increase head size to 35 and then that part wasn't sticking out anymore. I don't think many other than child avatars have head sizes under 35, so we wouldn't know.

System lash alpha is great for those who use a mesh or prim head that is close to the default head in size. Some designers use an alpha mask that alpha out the head, but they forget the eye lashes. Older heads was not responding to head size, so if the head under was too big, and the head over was static and didn't move, you could see floating lashes in the front of your forehead, cheeks or eyes in that new head. :o

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.