Griefed out of Sl

LilyLaran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I have been griefed out of sl and do not get good sl connection anymore. I am afraid to go back to sl because my stalker always finds me and he has many friends. Also sl does not work on my computer anymore. I still come on this forum and look at sl marketplace and it makes me feel better to still have my avatar in some way. Has anyone else experienced bad griefing in sl?

Edited by LilyLaran

6 answers to this question

If you had a good connection to SL previously and now do not, that can likely be remedied.  If you could clarify what exactly you mean by griefing, that would be helpful. Griefing and stalking are two different matters. If this stalker does such things as pushing and orbiting you, there are relatively easy remedies for that. If he or his friends IM you, you can mute and derender them. if you rent a parcel (having purchased it, so to speak, from another), or own a mainland parcel,  see if you can set it to access list only or get security orbs, set the land to disallow pushing, object entry, scripts, object creation. here is a good discussion on how to prevent someone from pushing and orbiting you ... 

Lots of people have been griefed. Some worse than others.

It is possible to avoid griefers. An Alt is a good suggestion. If that is not an option, turning off your Online Notification for all friends is a step in the process. If you always log into the same place, change that behavior. While it can be a challenge to figure out how they are tracking you, it is possible. Get help. Then you can avoid or stop whatever is providing them your position.

Your writing suggests that your computer won't run SL and that is related to the griefer?

A poor connection is a matter to take up with your ISP. There are parts of the world where getting a good connection is a problem. Some places just can't provide the connection needed. But, since you once could connect, you should still be able to connect. A griefer cannot change that. The Lab has reduced the load SL places on a connection over the years.

Just now, LilyLaran said:

Hi Nalytha :) I made many alts, about 4 and I was found on each one by him and his friends

This sounds very much like an inside job or a technical error on your part, Lily.

I'm not aware of (and I've been here for nine years) any tools that allow people to determine where you are, if you don't want to be found. So, if they're finding you, you're either revealing your whereabouts to friends who are not friends, you are exhibiting very predictable behavior (visiting the same places with your alts and speaking in recognizable ways), are wearing items that rat you out, are steaming music from parcel media sources which must obtain your IP address to operate, or are using a computer that's been compromised in a way that allows your stalkers to locate you.

Create a new alt and go only to places you've never frequented. Also avoid places you may have visited only once or twice, but are the private spaces of people you know. It's easy for a security orb to log visitors. If there usually aren't many, any unknown visitor can be suspected of being the alt of a someone known. Do not enable media, do not use voice. Do not contact anyone on your other account's friends-lists and do not wear any objects you were given by any of those friends. Just wear your starter avatar for a while. You should be able to wander about SL without detection. If you follow all those rule and are still located, it's time for virus/malware scan of your PC. I suspect you will be able to wander to your heart's content, and not be found. From that point, you'll have to very slowly start opening up, both to old friends, old haunts and old habits. If the stalking starts again, the last step you took to open up is the likely problem.

Good luck!

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.