Can you trade in you prem home for a parcel?

ToxicSkunky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I do not like the premium homes. They give you so little prims with your home to actually fill up your home with what you want. I want to buy a parcel but it'll cost me 5$ more bucks a month for getting it. I want to trade in my home so I can have this land with no additional cost. Is there a way to do it? and if is can anyone explain to me how so I can get this done with?

Please and thank you.

10 answers to this question

You can abandon your Linden home and buy a 512 plot with no monthly tier. This is the same size parcel as your Linden home. Keep in mind, however, that when you own a Linden Home, the actual house does not cost you any land impact. If you choose to buy land, your house is going to cost you land impact. 

• Like 3

Your L.I. allowance in that Linden Home is 175.  You can stuff a whale of a lot of items in the house before you hit that limit, unless you are getting prim (not mesh) items that have a high L.I.  If you buy another 512 sq m parcel, it will have the same L.I. allowance, but no house. To review all of your Premium benefits, read in the Knowledge Base, starting with

Edited by Rolig Loon
The usual typos
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Nalytha said:

You can abandon your Linden home and buy a 512 plot with no monthly tier. This is the same size parcel as your Linden home. Keep in mind, however, that when you own a Linden Home, the actual house does not cost you any land impact. If you choose to buy land, your house is going to cost you land impact. 

How would I be able to abanden this home to get the parcel? I know how to  buy the parcel. But I have not a clue how to abanden the home.

6 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Your L.I. allowance in that Linden Home is 175.  You can stuff a whale of a lot of items in the house before you hit that limit, unless you are getting prim (not mesh) items that have a high L.I.  If you buy another 512 m x 512 m parcel, it will have the same L.I. allowance, but no house. To review all of your Premium benefits, read in the Knowledge Base, starting with

So even if i abanden the home I will still be getting 175 Prims allowence? Is there a way to add more if I put the money to get more? Aside from buying another parcel to add onto the other. 

2 minutes ago, ToxicSkunky said:

How would I be able to abanden this home to get the parcel? I know how to  buy the parcel. But I have not a clue how to abanden the home.

To be sure that you understand ...  Your Premium membership gives you a waiver that pays for the monthly land fees for a 512 sq m parcel on the Mainland.  You may use that waiver to pay for the monthly rent of a Linden Home, which is on its own 512 sq m parcel, or you may apply it toward the land fees for any other parcel that you own on the Mainland.  Eaither way, it's covering the land fees for 512 sq m of land.  If you choose the second option, you have to buy a parcel yourself, paying the one-time purchase price when you buy it from Linden Lab or another resident.  If you buy more than 512 sq m, the waiver covers the monthly fees on the first 512 sq m of tier.  If you rent land or if you buy land in a private estate, the waiver does not apply.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ToxicSkunky said:

So even if i abanden the home I will still be getting 175 Prims allowence? Is there a way to add more if I put the money to get more? Aside from buying another parcel to add onto the other. 

Any 512 sq m parcel in SL has a 175 L.I. allowance.  If you want a higher allowance, you have to own more land in that region.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ToxicSkunky said:

Rolig and Nalytha are nearly 100% right.  In the normal way of things, any mainland parcel will have 175 L.I. for each 512 m2.  BUT!  There is one rare, and expensive, exception.  SOME mainland has a double prim allowance.  If you obtain one of these parcels, you'd get 350 L.I. on a 512 m2 parcel.  This double prim land is only found in a few places...Nautilus City, Bay City, and some of the Old Mainland regions.  Also in the new Horizons regions, but all those parcels are 1024 m2; since you don't want to pay an additional monthly tier, you won't want to look there.  The downside to this double prim land, of course, is that it is highly desirable.  As a result, the up-front purchase prices of the land parcels is very high.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.