Does anyone know if it's possible to deliberately render others as particle clouds?

tinkywinky Zepp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Does anyone know if it's possible to temporarily render others as particle clouds? so they only appear as particle clouds to myself ( either 1 by 1 or every avatar ) instead of de-rendering them to be totally invisible, even if it means removing or editing certain files from the cache folder.

9 answers to this question

Welcome to the Second Life forums, tinkywinky.

I'm sure the Linden people with their God tools are capable of doing this, but no, it wouldn't be possible for other people to turn other avatar's into particle clouds, except on your own viewer. That would mean changing lines of data belonging to that avatar, and only those with God tools can make that sort of adjustment. it's very doubtful anyone would want to.  It's more likely that a slight interruption in connection has caused this to happen.

Using the Phoenix viewer, if you click the far right up arrow, a box will pop open and you can modify the maximum number of avatars to render for you (default is 35).  You can, indeed, derender individual avatars. 

You cannot make others look as particle clouds.

Thanks for the answers so far everyone, i was hoping to find a way to enable avatars to emit particles, so i could enable particle beacons to indicate avatars on my screen from a distance, and other than if someone is wearing a particle source.. the only other way for an avatar to emit a particle would be when they are aren't rezzed properly as a particle cloud. making certain avatars particle clouds on my screen would be great but making all avatars particle clouds would also be good. i was hoping there would be a file i could delete or edit in my cache folder which would derender avatars in such a way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.