Problems with hover - standing and pose balls

NadiaBellavista

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the last couple of weeks, something strange has been happening to my avatar. I believe hover should be at around 50, but standing on the ground I have to have it at 43 to have my feet on the ground. With pose balls, I put myself at 0 hover and I'm still a bit high... Then if I stand up off the pose ball, I'm now sinking below the floor and have to readjust hover to 43.

Any ideas?? I have turned off my AO, not sure what could be causing it but it's a huge pain!!

I'm on Singularity, and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. I also tried wearing a different shape and had the same thing. Please help!

Edited by NadiaBellavista

3 answers to this question

Since you say hover @ 50 I suspect you are u sing the SHAPE hover value. I suggest you set it to 50... neutral. Right-Click your avatar and use that Hover. It is a newer version of hover. It does a better job of averaging all the stuff you are wearing. Its ideal setting is '0'. I find I often tweak between -4.0 to +4.0 with the average or most frequently used setting around 0.3.

Nothing will help you across all situations. Those making the 'SITS' in stuff have a say about where they think an avatar should be. If your avatar is not the size they planned on, you won't sit as sell as you may want.

Often I adjust for a sit then have to readjust when I stand.

Furniture makers usually have an ADJUST in their furniture. It is usually designed to remember settings for individual avatars. That suggests the problem is common and avatars are all very different, which matches my experience.

The SHOE item you wear can throw off your 'hover' and cause various items to mis-calculate your height. You can try tweaking your shoe height, to see if that helps.

Experiment with shape, shoes, and right-click Hover to find what works best.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.