Will Sansar support Cinema 4D?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I believe (I am not there) that Blender is NOW supported in Sansar as designers who have signed up for early admission with BLENDER as their 3D program are getting invited. So likely other programs have or will be added.   It was indeed Maya for many months, but it was always stated that other 3D programs would be added after initial testing. 

If you signed up to be an early content creator with Cinema 4D you may be invited if and when that is added. The initial Maya only was to limit the variables in testing. I have seen that many times on other platforms and is pretty standard. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My honest is assessment is that it is very unlikely Cinema4D will receive native support of any kind from Sansar, as great as that would be.

Indeed, Cinema4D was one of the very last 3D programs to see direct support from the Unity engine and even then, it is not as comprehensive as the bridging between the other major software applications (Maya/3dsmax/Modo) and Unity.

One reason for this is that there are relatively few C4D users in game development due to Maxon’s neglect in that area. Even the DAE export to Second Life is problematic if you are assembling a file with multiple textures and LOD files for export.

Sansar will likely support FBX although it will probably be more limited compared to a direct bridge that Maya users currently enjoy. Still, it is likely your best bet for getting Cinema4D models into the new platform.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.