Paypal or credit card?

ChloeBaby Xue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

To whom this may concern:
Before my billing date, I changed my billing account in hopes that it would be effective to pay my SL account on time. 
Must I have an active paypal account to continue my SL Premium Account or can I just apply the charges directly from my charge card?  The reason I ask is because I closed my paypay account thinking I could pay my SL bill with the credit card.  Please tell me what I should do to continue my active account.

Thank you
CX

5 answers to this question

In absence of PayPal, a credit card is fine. In lieu of a credit card, Linden Lab also accepts linking payments as direct preauthorized withdrawwls from your bank account... however it sounds like you are set up correctly since you apparently have your credit card attached... but if not, there are many payment options available. If you remain unsure, there is always the billing number of Linden Lab you can call and a helpful staff member will assist you.

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long Distance

8am to Midnight PST, M-F; and 8am to 8pm PST Saturday and Sunday

That's not quite correct, Peewee. LL will not use your $L balance to pay your $US obligations like Premium membership and tier fees. They will bill your payment method, either credit card or verified PayPal account. You can, however, sell $L on the Lindex to increase your $USD balance. LL will take money from your $USD balance before charging your payment method.

I like to use PayPal for several reasons. 1) LL does not accept all credit cards (for example, most prepaid cards). 2) Some credit card companies flag payments to LL as potential fraud, and you can get delayed or refused payments until you straighten them out. 3) You can limit your liability with PayPal by only keeping a small amount of money there and in the bank account that backs it up. 4) PayPal is a two way street...you can cash out profits from SL and transfer them to PayPal. You can't do that with your credit card.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.