I can only see an oval egg for my avatar and others cannot see me at all just my name.

MzWhipplash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.
Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair (including bald base) & a basic shirt and pair of pants.
Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

or

Reset your avvie to default, depending which viewer you are using this is done here:

Advanced Menu >>Character>>Character Tests >> Test Male (or Female)
or
Developers Menu (ctrl alt Q)>>Avatar>>Character Tests>>Test Male (or Female)

type worn in to inventory if your wearing clothing layers skin/shape try wearing a bald base if that doesn't fix you create a folder with skin/shape/eyes/hairbase then right click and Replace not  add to outfit should that still not help rebake (Ctrl + Alt + R) you'll see yourself as an ugly naked noob what works for me is to find the ruth hair fix shape in inventory this is what you wear when your the naked ugly noob right click it then edit you'll get appearance mode you'll be prompted to create various body parts i always create a skin tweak it save it and re-log i can then wear all my body parts and clothing layers and i haven't had to detatch any prims 

You have two issues.  First, you should turn on Particles.  Do this in Me/Preferences/Graphics/Advanced.  This will turn you from an egg into a billowing cloud.  It will also let you see things like smoke, fire, and water spray effects.

Second, your appearance isn't loading correctly.  Either put on another outfit, or force the default avatar with Develop/Character/Character Tests/Test Male or Test Female.  Then put on your normal attire one item at a time.

@ Jane & Sanja...If it is the shape that this known bug corrupted then that will work (as it did for you 2) for other people it can be a different one (or more) of the 4 basic body components - skin, shape, hairbase or eyes - Hairbase is one of the most common ones & just changing shape wouldn`t fix that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.