My friend gabrielle.maktoum was banned and does not know why. how can we get this resolved?

dycemann2832

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A lot of time and expense goes into building a character. Weighing this in the balance of customer service. One would think a email or something would inform a customer why their avatar is being banned from second life as a whole. 

Can you explain to me why gabrielle.maktoum is banned, so I can pass the information on in RL? Cause it is a lot of time and expense, 10 years on SL, and this person feels betrayed by Linden Labs. Whats the resolution to this Problem. 

Can someone from Linden Labs Customer service andswer me here, or is that department non-existant in this company through a digital medium?

dycemann2832

3 answers to this question

First, this is a resident-to-resident help area, where residents answer other residents questions about how Second Life works, so there wouldn't be anyone answering here who would have the type of information you are asking about.

Second, I'm fairly certain that Linden Lab would not provide any information about if or why an avatar was banned to anyone other than the avatar in question. 

I was under the impression (but could be wrong) that Linden Lab sends an email when someone is banned. Is your friend still using the same email account that they have listed in their account information here?  Have they checked their spam or junk folder in for their email?

I would also hazard a guess that the person may in fact have some idea about  why they were banned.  As far as I know, it's generally some type of serious TOS violation that leads to bans.

• Like 3

when you get banned you always get a notification when this action is taken. Mostly even before when the account goes on hold when the issue is investigated.

So i think you have to ask your friend. She will have to check her email, or spam.

I guess she didn't tell you the whole story, and you fall for the mistake to take this case on you.

Linden Lab will do nothing here, we'r all residents

And because you are not the accountholder in this matter you will get no response from support other than "we can't discuss this with you" .

• Like 2

- If she is truely banned from Second Life, she will recieve an email about it

- You are not talking to LL here, this is NOT a way to reach any type of official support. This is a resident-to-resident help forum. And even if you would reach out to support staff: You are not the one they would disclose informations too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.