Question about dev kit from Belleza

SheriBalto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have made five tattoos using the omega kit and want t try making clothing for the Belleza body if I applied for a kit being new to making things would they give me a dev kit if I applied for one? So I can use one of the offline apps like blender to do testing before uploading them to SL.

Beta grid? new to sl never heard of it. I edited my items in gimp using the templetes for placement  but was trying to see about final placement before uploading the texture to SL and dropping it in an omega applier. I assume this beta grid is usable trough the same viewer I use. Does it have access to the Belleza mesh's? Thats what I currently make it for.

Depending on what viewer you use, there should be a menu on the opening page to chose the grid. You can choose the SL beta grid. There, you get some money to test upload. If you have even the demo of the Belleza, you should be able to test it. You can get the system layer develper kit, which is what tats are, or use the Omega applier kit. Either one will work since Belleza uses the SLUV map. You can hit the beta grid then upload the texture and actually just make a system tat layer on your avi to see how it looks. 

I'd get the kits then wait a day or two since the inventory in the beta grid is usually a day or two behind your regular grid inventory if you are wanting to test with the kit. At least on the default avi, you can get an idea of the placement.

The 'Preview Grid' aka ADITI aka 'Beta Grid' is a bit tricky to get into. Once yuor viewer is set to show multiple grids (SL Linden Viewers only show Linden grids) pick the beta grid and attempt a login. It most likely will fail. File a trouble ticket. Explain you tried to log into Beta for the first time and it failed.

Support will nitialize your account. In 1 or 2 working days you will be able to log in.

Your inventory may not sync up until 24 hours after your first successful login. After that your inventory should sync about the next 6AM SLT after a log in on ADITI/Beta.

Inventory does not sync from ADITI/Beta to AGNI/Main. Only Main to Beta.

Also note that you unfortunately risk inventory by using the beta grid. Mine got completely messed up and I lot a lot. So making an alt with virtually no inventory except what you need to test might be the best method.

Also, from what I have read, getting developer kits is fairly tricky for some brands. You have to show that you are definitely a creator already, not a wannabe (sorry we were all there at one point). 

It is true that not everyone has Omega (I do not) but lots of folks do, so if you can get that to work, that is one way to move forward and then with some credibility you will likely be able to get a kit.

Good luck. 

Surely local textures will be sufficient for tattoos? Or is there something I'm missing?

I love the beta grid cause it's quiet and most of my work has at least some original mesh these days, but tattoos are textures and therefore Local Textures is all that's needed.Since Rolig's written up something for the wiki, may as well let her tell you: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Rolig_Loon/Local_Textures

Some things to remember with local textures:

DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE PERMANENT TEXTURE on your item when you're done. Otherwise it will show up grey to others.

Any changes made to the saved version on your hard drive will show up almost immediately inworld

DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE PERMANENT TEXTURE on your item when you're done.

Others can't see local textures, only you, which means you can't get 2nd opinions and stuff. :matte-motes-dont-cry:

DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE PERMANENT TEXTURE on your item when you're done. (It really is important and easily forgotten because it and the local will look the same.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.