How do I download a windlight I've created?

sajaST

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently bought a windlight hud which is very cool. I want to start creating my own windlights but I want to be able to take them and put them on a notecard to put into my new hud. I have NO idea how to even go about doing that. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

4 answers to this question

I would suggest contacting the creator of the HUD. Since they've created the HUD, I would assume they would be the one to tell you how to go about downloading your creation and make it come to life in world. Right click your HUD > Edit > Creator's name should be listed. I would suggest sending them a notecard since IMs often get capped. 

Lexy's answer is good.

Windlight is a collection of viewer settings that control how the viewer renders the environment. Those can be changed by using the viewer's Windlight controls in:

Top menu->World->Environment Editor->[Water Presets|Sky Presets|Day Presets]/New Preset...

These settings can be saved. When saved the viewer creates a file on your computer in the folder: 

C:\Users\[Win_Login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\windlight\[days|sky|water]\

These files are collected and traded/sold. Copy such files into the appropriate folder, restart the viewer and you have new presets.

Presumably, you could use the HUD you have and the viewer's Windlight controls to save your Windlight creations.

See: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Windlight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roseloved said:

I know to save is Top menu->World->Environment Editor->[Water Presets|Sky Presets|Day Presets]/New Preset...but the second part did not work for me. 

Are you actually MEANING Windlight (R) and not EEP?  Windlight settings are saved on your computer.  The only way you can "share" those is to send the file via email or a download site.  EEP will save the sky as an asset in your viewer.   So it's important to know what you are doing. This is an old thread. from three years ago.  There are EEP instructions in the knowledge base.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.