why wont it let me buy lindens to pay my tier?

IrishAnimal Blackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure what "it" is, but if you are paying land fees, you have to pay in USD, not L$.  You'll only need L$ if you are paying rent to another resident. 

If you are trying to buy L$ and are not able to do it for some reason, start here >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.7 

If you have a specific problem, please take Syo's advice.  If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

Hey, Irish...

Let's clear up some things.

If you are a Premium member, and you own Mainland or a LInden Home, you cannot pay tier with $L.  Linden Lab will bill your $USD Balance first, and if there is not enough money there, they will charge your payment method (credit card, PayPal, or Skrill account) for the remaining balance.

If you are renting from another resident, or are leasing a parcel on a Private Estate, you can pay your landlord in $L.  This is not, strictly speaking, "tier"...but lots of people call it that.  

If you need to buy $L, to pay your rent or buy some stuff, use the Buy $L link on your Dashboard page.  You have two choices: buying at the current market rate (Instant Buy) or making an offer to buy a specified amount of $L at a specified exchange rate (a Limit Buy, or "Best Rate.")  Unless you know what you are doing, I do not recommend the Limit Buy option.  You could wind up waiting a very long time, maybe forever, if you select a rate that no one is willing to accept.

And of course, you must also have a valid payment method on file.  If you're trying to use a debit card or a prepaid card, or your PayPal or Skrill account doesn't have enough money in it to cover your purchase, you could run into problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.