IS it possible for someone to play music over the MEDIA stream (NOT music) and only YOU hear it?

KyleWForrester

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All day i've been hearing music playing in SL that's NOT coming across via Music, but rather media. I KNOW It's not someone's TV or anything like that as i've heard it on all 3 of the town's sims, at different times, and it's EXACTLY the same every time. First it was Michale Buble - Home, followed by One Republic - counting stars. 

later on, I went to another sim, and it was a bunch of other songs, including Betty Davis Eyes, and some other songs I don't remember the name of.

tonight, I came back to storybook falls, and at around 10:38 or so, I heard music playing again via media, but different stuff.....though it wasn't long before the usual 2 songs returned.

I've gotten videos of all those though for documentation purposes (and to prove i'm not freaking crazy!) and have uploaded them to youtube....

this never happened before wed morning when i upgraded to the new version of firestorm....

this is just one of the videos... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pjmxYUHToA&t=115s

(UPDATE: After an evening of searching, we've located the source of the 2 songs. it's a commerical for some SL Home Builder. WHY I was hearing it well over 30M away, I don't know....especially since My home is parceled off and pretty much locked down lol. I've submitted a ticket to the folks at Firestorm.....)

4 answers to this question

Additionally, Griefers love to play Noise & Bad Music via the Sounds channel which can be triggered by a media enabled prim attached to their Avatars. This has been happening lately at many Music venues. As a DJ I rarely have Sounds, Buttons, Media or Voice channels activated yet alone the volume up where I can hear what is on those channels..

• Like 2

Most likely somebody in the area using a media-on-a-prim media player. They can be heard for 100 m or more around and across sim borders.

Firestorm used to have media autoplay switched off by default. I don't know but it's possible they changed that in the latest version.

The only solution is what Callum suggested, open your preferences and switch off media auto-play.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.