Why am I being charged 0.40 fee plus small charges to my credit card to buy Lindens using paypal?

Tzaryna Gracemount

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I buy Lindens using my paypal which has sufficient funds to cover the cost of the transaction plus the 0.40 fee.  But then these small charges also appear on my credit card.  Why are you charging me twice to buy Lindens using my paypal?  Is it a standard fee? the amounts charged to my credit card range from 0.11, 0.20 and 0.11.  

If it is a standard fee that is fine but I would like some explanation please as I thought there was just the 0.40 fee per purchase of Lindens.

4 answers to this question

We are only volunteer residents here no Lindens read this. We have no access to your account records. You should contact billing to answer your questions.

Billing support phone numbers:
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance
The Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

If you cannot use one of these phone numbers contact Live Chat if you are a premium member or file a support ticket

If you look at your payment methods (Account/Billing Information) you may find that you have designated PayPal as your payment method for buying $L, and your credit card for other charges.  In that case, what you are seeing on your credit card is not fees relating to purchasing $L, but other things, such as group liabilities.  Many groups spread the charges for search fees among their members.

• Like 1

Okay, thank you. I used my credit card three years ago but have recently switched to paypal. LL won't accept payments from your paypal without having a credit card registered on it. They take the money for the Lindens plus the 0.40 fee from my paypal. They then also take additional small payments from my credit card. I guessed they were fees for something but there isn't a clear explanation anywhere. I don't mind paying fees as long as they are clearly explained. It just seemed to me that they took their 0.40c plus a little more on the side.

I would hope they don't have the authority to access your personal credit card for group liabilities, I thought they took these from your Linden balance inworld which I always keep several thousand in credit anyway. I am not a premium member (by choice, as I have seen them repeatedly suspend the accounts of several friends for non payment and I don't want to put up with that hassle for the minimal benefits I would derive) so there should be no charges going to my credit card at all.

I am not overly concerned about my personal account as I will suspend all future payments to LL and have worked out another arrangement to obtain Lindens that doesn't involve gouging my credit card for additional unexplained fees. I had hoped by posting this to warn other residents to keep an eye on their credit cards for these fees appearing possibly without their knowledge. Thank you for your time and help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.