Firestorm set-up questions (Preferences)

LouiseDeBlois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, I am attempting to move towards using Firestorm, I have set up some of the base features to my comfortablilty and liking. Yet, I am having some issues/questions on possible settings?

For example. "Enter" always opening the nearby chat. I normally used "Enter" to start typing on the selected window i had open at the time. For example:

I have my friends IM window open in the conversations window. Yet, i go off focus (lets say i simply clicked a buy now object in world). Normally, i would press enter to instantly start typing to the IM window I had open at the time. But, wth firestorm, it simply brings up/changes to the "nearby chat" window/box. Is there a way to disable this?

----------------

2: Another minor issue is, as a sim admin, I would like to know if group chat windows have an option where i can see who is currently inside the group chat? A small side window, or something like that.

-----------------

These are the only issues i have currently, but, any help would be great. Thanks!

----Edit---- is it also possible to only have messages of people/friends logging in and out in their own IM windows? So i know when someone goes offline with a spam of all my friends logging in and out?

These questions are most quickly answered in the Firestorm Support group in-world.

To have ENTER move you into chat, Firestorm has an option for that. To find settings in Firestorm look to the top of the Preferences panel and find search. Type in your keyword. Seach will move to to the first tab that has a hit. You may need to click other tabs to find additional hits. All hits are highlighted.

Firestorm is the power users viewer of choice. It is highly configurable. If you cannot get it to do what you want, attend one of the FS viewer classes or ask in Firestorm support.

I guess I am in a picky mood but although I am a big Firestorm supporter and users for many years -- this IS THE SECOND LIFE VIEWER forum. 

Really. 

There is also a Firestorm wiki that can answer many of your questions AND many Firestorm classes with open questions at the end.  Google is your friend. 

Chic Aeon wrote:

I guess I am in a picky mood but although I am a big Firestorm supporter and users for many years -- this IS THE SECOND LIFE VIEWER forum. 

Really. 

There is also a Firestorm wiki that can answer many of your questions AND many Firestorm classes with open questions at the end.  Google is your friend. 

In the early days of the Lithium Forum threads dealing with TPV's in general were deep sixed by the Mods.

But that changed.  Given that the official viewer is in the minority questions pertaining to other viewers appear to be allowed now. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.