edit/content tab in edit mode wont load

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently i have come across something as a first for me that i rarely see real answers for on the forums and its got me puzzled on how to fix.

Any time i wish to go into edit mode and check the contents tab, no matter what it wont load the contents up.

Now the item i have is full perms, its something i created so there is no issue there, and the amount of items in the items contents tab is literally a single script.

I tried resolving this issue by going to my preferances and clearing my cache, but that did not resolve a thing when i relogged back in.

The next thing i tried was lowing my graphics to low as possible, as well i even up my kps bandwith to 1500.

when this did not resolve it i uninstalled secondlife both firestorm and sl viewer, ether times after re-installing the problem stayed consistent.

I looked on the logs for the grid statuses and decided to jump to different sims to see if it was a lag problem with the current region, the problem still insists on being with me and enjoying my company.

Does anyone have any idea if its just sl's servers going on or is it something on my side?

this has never happened to me in the 7 years i have been here.

How are you determining that there's really something in that prim's contents?

It's certainly possible to use a script to determine that, thus making sure the viewer and sim-to-viewer communications aren't involved, but unless you're doing that, after all you have done, this failure to load in the viewer really suggests that the particular prim you've selected just has no contents.

[ETA, I'm assuming from the definite article in "the item i have" that there's just this one thing that's a problem, but if this is happening for everything you select, then clearly that's something else.]

No there is content inside of it, two scripts that i have used before, but this isnt just my one item its with anything in my inventory that has contents inside their root prims.
And i mean every single one of them, from a newly purchased item i have to rez to the floor to open to me building or putting in the beginner script that just says "hello avatar"

it just wont load the contents.

now from time to time it will load them, but it takes about 5 minutes for them to load up in the contents tab.

I dont know whats causing it and i think i have done everything i could think of on my end including just making the object again and checking it if persists to do so.
I think the best option i can suggest is maybe making a video and showing you by example

Now from time to time if i toss in a script while its trying to load the contents, it will instantly load them up and show what i wish to see, but thats it, i cant modify them at all like deleting them, if i delete one it wont show it deleting until i get off the edit mode and then back on, and once i get back on to look into the content tab and see the removal of the scripts i just removed it wont load the contents to be visable.

VIDEO EXAMPLE: 

Often I have ppl tell me something is missing from contents but it turns out they are not giving all the contents time to load. I think that is a lag problem. Your things are behaving the same way although there are not many items in contents. I would restart the sim, then contact support and if they can't help, file a JIRA.

I have run into this problem. It seems to be more of a Firestorm issue. I am not certain of that. It could be only a connection issue. Relogging often clears the connection or the problem clears while one is relogging. But, starting from FS makes it look like the second viewer doesn't have the problem.

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

A viewer relog often resolves the problem. Also, changing to another region often resolves the problem.

On a couple of occassions I have seen the problem on one region and not the adjacent. I have not been able to reproduce the problem consistently. So, I can't defenitively say what causes it. But, the two more likely causes are region issues and connection issues.

Problem has been resolved.

In order to fix it fully you need to forget using anything in the windows and head toward your %appdate roaming folder and delete everything in there as well as a clean install and remove any kinda teporary files that might of accumulated over the time using this, made my program run faster, made me realize the clear cache system built into the viewer is not one to ever trust and to manual do things you need to do.

This resolved the issue on all platforms and viewers to a tee.

thanks to everyone who helped in this form, i hope you guys have a wonderful day and i hope maybe in the future if someone else gets this issue they come across this forum and the resolving answer to atleast the type of problem i was dealing with.

This is happening to me now, good thing I have been reading this thread. I am on a Mac so I hope your advice will apply the same for me. So odd, just started out of the blue.

ETA  I cant find %appdate roaming folder .  Where did you get this advice? Support?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.