Is there a way to wear classic clothes on a Mesh (Maitreya Lara) body?

BrandiSnifter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

you get a double answer ... it is yes ...ánd no

Yes if you own the textures of the classic clothing and have the permissions to use them

No if you don't have the textures ánd / ór not have permission to use it.

In the first case you could try make appliers. If all will fit / well look nice is another question.

As Alwin said, it depends. Clothing parts made of prim, flexi prim or sculpties are adjustable to fit (if they are mod), don't expect a perfect fit, but hey... that never was easy on a system body either. Clothing layers/textures need to be added as an applier tho... so for that you would need to buy appliers, meaning it is a recent creation, you cannot use your old inventory unless the seller included ful pem textures... provided they work with the UV layout of your mesh body.I know this sounds complicated and discouraging but it's up to you to decide if you want a mesh body with all of the pro's and contra's. 

As Vanilla and Alwin point out, the answer is "usually not."

This is one reason why I don't use my Mesh body all that often.  The classic avatar body is actually pretty good, except for the hands and feet, and SLink and others make replacements for those.

In my opinion, mesh bodies are rather overrated, unless you spend a lot of your time in the nude.  If you do, the contours of a mesh body can be more pleasing than the Classic shape.

However, one area where mesh clothing, hair, and bodies have an advantage is in the area of avatar complexity.  A lot of my old, classic and prim-based outfits have outrageous complexity numbers, as much as 500,000 with some of them!  It's not always the case, but a lot of Mesh content has a much lighter impact on complexity.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.