Questions for the Lindens on the New Extra Prims Feature

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Aethelwine wrote:

On Saturday there was a sim in the Blake Sea crashing everyone on the cruise that entered it. And later in the day a Sim North of the Linden Channel doing the same thing.

That can happen. A few years ago, I came across a mainland water sim that crashed you the moment you touched the border. It was fine the days before. It's rare but it does happen. A sim restart fixed it, of course.

Yes, every sailor will experience that. My point was about the increased frequency of problems. It is within the range of possible randomness but with them messing around with SIM resources just before it seems like more than just coincidence. I hope that is all it is or that SIM crossings settle again after this week's restarts

Aethelwine wrote:

Yes, every sailor will experience that. My point was about the increased frequency of problems. It is within the range of possible randomness but with them messing around with SIM resources just before it seems like more than just coincidence. I hope that is all it is or that SIM crossings settle again after this week's restarts

Difficult region crossings are a result of problems when the simulator you're leaving is trying to hand over all the data you and your vehicle to the new simulator (you know this of course; I'm just mentioning it for the benefit of people who might not understand the mechanics).

That can have so many causes, it's really difficult to attribute the effect to any cause in particular without further details.    It could as well be a mechanical problem at whichever datacenter was hosting either of the regions, or some problem in internet communication between them, as anything else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.