Open Sell Orders at the Best 20 Rates

sounds Turner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Why does the lindex exchange take o long to do a sale?

I mean the exchange rate is at 250 L$ but it won't do the transaction quickly

Then i tryed the lower rate of 249 which had a few 100 thousands lindens in the remaining quantity but it won't work.

It's taking days even if i use the top rate.

This is so slow.

because rates are first come first serve, so if the current buy rate is at 250$L then all those previous 250's will go before yours does, and any 251 or higher will go before those!

you 249 sell offer is actually worse for the buyer (but better for you) so it will be filled after all the better rates are gone.

if you need immediate cashout, either sell at a higher $L rate than the best rate listed, or use "market sell" which will grab the lowest buy rate available.

If you want to sell fast - just set your price to the highest offered sell rate.  If the highest sell rate is packed with like 5,000,000L then just set your offer at $1L higher.

Honestly, the amount you will gain to wait for for $2 or 3L more relatively not much extra RL $US cash.

$100,000L Sold at $251L = $398.40US

$100,000L Sold at $249L = $401.60US

You are gaining about $3 or 0.8% savings.

But if you are not in any rush... then set at a lower rate and sit back for the days it takes for it to sell.

sounds,

On this page ... LL screwed up my Lindens purchase .. I gave a more detailed description of how to use the two Sell and Buy columns.

Then a bit further down in the same thread .. HERE .. Deltango Vale gives a VERY good explanation of how the Lindex works (using an analogy that helps clarify it quite well I believe).

If you're selling, the closer you get to the best Buy rate, the faster your transaction will go through. The same holds true when buying; the closer you get to the best Sell rate, the faster you will received your L$. If you've got time and patience, you can afford to specify a price that is rather far away. But your extra profit will cost you the time you have to wait for it to go through.

As with most things, time is money. The longer you can afford to wait, the more money you stand to make (or save).

sounds Turner wrote:

Thanks,

It's not a lot to gain by waiting a few days, so i went with the top rate as usual.

Can't imagen how long it might take at a low rate.

You're welcome. As usual, time is money. I "shoot for the center mass" and usually don't wait too long .. seldom more than a few minutes. It's not a lot of money but .. *smile*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.