Stop swimming immediately

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just can't get swimming to work properly.

I use Thor's swimming animations hud and the script that comes with it to make swimable water but it doesn't work, I just walk.

I bought a floating ring from Waterworks just so I could get Primswim Lite that comes with it but I can't get that to work either.

Well, I say "can't get that to work" but, if I fall off the deck into the water, I float on my back (Thor is set to that for stationary) and when I start to move, I flip over and start to swim for a fraction of a second and then I immediately stand.

All the floatables that come with the pool and the ring from Waterworks all float correctly.

A friend has thrown a swim ball into the water and, using that, I can swim but there is only one animation with it.

The Thor ao's work independently (although I am on the bottom of the pool) and the hud works fine in regular swimable water.

Any ideas?

I said...

"The Thor ao's work independently (although I am on the bottom of the pool)"

ALWAYS read the original post thoroughly. Adjusting the height in the water is for the hud and being on the boittom of the pool referred to the use of the ao's independently from the hud and you would expect that.

The critical thing is...

"if I fall off the deck into the water, I float on my back (Thor is set to that for stationary) and when I start to move, I flip over and start to swim for a fraction of a second and then I immediately stand."

I got this HUD to see if I could figure out the problem.  The script for prim water doesn't work at all. I tried a number of things and just couldn't get it to work with the prototype HUD or the earlier HUD.  This is listed on the MP as a test HUD.  The scripts I received were written in 2012, four years and many SL updates ago.

The primswim water won't work either because it is for Siggy Romulus' swim HUD.  Prim water generally requires you to use specific HUD's when swimming in it.

Your only choice at this point is to wait for the creator to respond, if he ever does, as  his profile is completely blank and he may have left SL.  In the meantime be happy with what does work as this is a freebie or buy a swim HUD that works with the prim water required by that HUD. I have three that do.

This is the text for a Waterworks product (the ring I refer to in my op). It shows on every (?) product that they sell. They are not free products.

It includes the 'Primswim Lite' script thats COPY and TRANSFER so you can make any pool swimable or even include it in your own creations/products!.

I have contacted them but, as I also said, they haven't responded.

And, I repeat... when I fall in the pool the Thor hud works because I float on my back, which is the static position in the hud. When I start to move, I turn over and my arms start to move in the swim pose, that is the move forward ao in the hud. However, I immediately stand, so something is obviously causing it to fail/stop.

Also, as I said, I have a swim pose ball that works but there is only one animation

OK resolved...

I wasn't doing it, a builder friend was (and another developer) and, all due respect to them, I solved the problem.

First, they added the script that came with Thor's hud to the prefab'd pool and it didn't work. When I investigated it they had added it to the scripted wave water instead. That is so thin that is why the hud worked for a short time while I was floating and then stop'd when I effectively exited that thin skim of water.

I made my own box and put the script in it and I swam fine with Thor's hud. So we have resolved the problem by putting a transparent box in the pool and adding the script to that.

At least it saves paying $400 for a hud that matches the other script that came with the ring.

Everything is working fine and thanks for responding.

I'm glad you resolved your problem but found it interesting that you did. 

When I tested the script I put it in a regular thin box prim, as instructed, that was not near any other prim other than my unscripted platform prim floor.  I raised it a several meters and reset the script then put a regular unscripted prim next to it as a stepping off point.  When I stepped off the unscripted , or 'fell' off or jumped off the prim with the HUD turned on, I fell through the water and didn't tread water as I should have and couldn't swim at all.  I repeated the test using both the Primswim script and the SLwim water script and both of those worked. 

The HUD did work in Linden water though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.