what does a shoebase do?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A shoebase distorts your classic avatar foot, so that it fits a shoe better.  For high heels, it also lifts you up onto your toes.

However, the distortion is not very comely.  Try wearing a shoe base sometime, without any other parts of the shoe.  Your foot distorts into a sort of wedge shape.

Because of this, classic shoes also were made with an "invisiprim", an item that made your foot invisible.  Invisiprims don't work any more, but they were a sort of precursor of alpha masks.

Nowadays, with mesh feet and mesh shoes, you might be able to get away without wearing the shoebase part.  However, I always do, because it affects my height, putting me up on my toes.

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

A shoebase distorts your classic avatar foot, so that it fits a shoe better.  For high heels, it also lifts you up onto your toes.

However, the distortion is not very comely.  Try wearing a shoe base sometime, without any other parts of the shoe.  Your foot distorts into a sort of wedge shape.

Because of this, classic shoes also were made with an "invisiprim", an item that made your foot invisible.  Invisiprims don't work any more, but they were a sort of precursor of alpha masks.

Nowadays, with mesh feet and mesh shoes, you might be able to get away without wearing the shoebase part.  However, I always do, because it affects my height, putting me up on my toes.

• Like 2

Lindal has it exactly right.  Depending on the type of shoe you're wearing, and the type of Av body, the shoe base might not make any difference at all.  Don't just assume that's the case, though.  Experiment with each new pair of shoes to be sure.

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.