Touring a Linden Home?

StacyP2016

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys/girls,

I've been toying with the idea of buying the premium membership. I think having a house or somewhere to call my own is great, even if I go month to month to see if I would use it.

Anyway I was curious if there are in-game tours of the Linden Home models. Somewhere where you can walk around and get a feeling of what they are like on the inside. I know you have to furnish them but perhaps somewhere with examples of what you can do.

Thanks,

Stacy

Open the map in SL and zoom right out so that you can see all the continents. In the bottom part you'll see several small land masses that look pretty much the same. Those are where the Linden Homes are. TP and wander round, TPing to various parts. There are no signs to say that this is such and such a design, but you'll see what there is and you'll be able to recognise them on the web page where you select a Linden Home.

When you go to choose your home, they do have fairly good pictures on the website. You can change your mind on which one you get up to 5 times a day if you don't like the one you chose by just abandoning it then choosing again. You have 4 themes to choose from.

Oriental, Mountain, fantasy and modern. The mountain homes are A frame and the only real differences in them is in the external appearance. Like has been said, choose a theme then TP over and cam into the houses to see which one you like.

Linden Lab has placed a few demo homes near the very edge of the Linden home continents, they are really spaced out compared to user owned Linden homes, usually in their own region, but they are there. I don't know am the locations but here is one of them: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wingrove/126/139

If you find other sims like this, you can verify they are demo homes by checking who owns the parcel. If governance Linden owns it, is a demo homes.

In the Elderglen Infohubs, there is a path that wanders around the infohub which has the fantasy themed houses set out, containing little scenes and activities, but they still give you an opportunity to walk around inside them and get a feel for their size. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.