How to Make a Book Page Turn in Second Life

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to find out "How to Make a Book Page Turn" in Second Life and all I get are pages that point to the question as "Answered," (officially) but the answer is actually an answer to a completely *different* question.  

That question being: "Where can I purchase a book manufacturing system in SL?"

So the real question is never answered.  What I want is to find out ways to make prim pages turn in SL.     

Does anyone have an actual answer to this question?  Are there any scripts floating around that could be examined or modified?  Any examples or general advice?  

Sylvia

2 answers to this question

Unless you want to script your own system -- not actually very hard to do as long as you don't want to get fancy about it -- there are a couple of well-known systems in use across SL.  Look in Marketplace with the category Gadgets >>> Tools and the keyword "Book", for example.  You won't be able to examine the scripts, because the system is no-mod for obvious reasons, but at least you'll have a way to make your own books.

If you really want to script a book yourself, consider that a book page is exactly the same as a door or a box lid.  All you really need is a script that turns a hinged object.  You start there and add whatever bells and whistles you need to make a multipage book.

• Like 1

This doesn't answer your question, but I wish I'd saved the script I wrote long ago for flipping flexie pages. It worked out the forces to exert upon each flexie page from the orientation of the book's spine, but the result was very nice, with pages flexing smoothly, as if blown by a gentle breeze. The pages themselves were never animated, only the forces upon them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.