My Avatar has spikes coming out everywhere. It's poking thought my mesh body and clothing.

Jaylen Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It started doing that like a week ago. When I take off all the attachment, I can see it's coming from my avi (shape). Tried different shapes as well. Thinking maybe something is changed on my graphic card? I'm running a i7 with Nvidia 960M on Windows 10. Any idea why? Thank you.

4 answers to this question

Had this issue with my video card that is not the same as yours.  However updating the drivers fixed it.  Do you have the latest drivers for your vid card?  I'd check to see if I were you something new may have come out since you last checked.

If you have the latest driver, try Alwin's solution.  You could also try to revert to an earlier driver version if it will work with Windows 10.

• Like 1

1.  Try logging into your account from a different computer.  If the spikes don't appear...it's your graphics card.  If the spikes do appear...it's your shape, or your viewer settings.

2.  If it's your graphics card...

• Check your graphics card temperature with a utility like GPU-Z.  If it's over 90C, something is amiss.  Open the case and see if the card's cooling fan is working.  Check all the other fans, too.  Blow out dust with a can of compressed air.  (I see you have a 960M, so you most likely have a laptop.  If you don't have the right tools or are not comfortable opening your case, take it to a computer repair facility and have them do it.)
  • Try updating the drivers at the Nvidia GeForce site.
  • If you already have the latest drivers, try rolling back to an earlier version

3.  If it's your shape or settings...

• Try reducing your quality settings in Preferences/Graphics.  Especially see the "Hardware" section.
  • Try wearing a different shape
  • Try using the Avatar/Avatar Health/Undeform Avatar command in Firestorm, or use an undeformer tool.

One other thing...you say your shape is "poking through your mesh body and clothing."  If you are wearing your alpha mask your classic shape should not be visible at all.  Make sure you're wearing the full body alpha mask that came with your mesh body.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.