RLV?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need to install RLV.  The product says, "Just switch on RLV in your viewer..."

I've been looking everywhere for the setting, but can't find it anywhere.  Doing some research, i guess i need to install another viewer.  Is that still true?

If so, which one is recommended and why?

Thank you,

Summer

Martine1988 wrote:

Just use Firestorm, and I know people don't agree, but getting used to it, it's so much better and easier then what you use now

Actually most people would agree with you.

I use LindenLab's viewer andI have my reasons but even I will tell people to use Firestorm.  Unless there is something specific you want that is in a different viewer, Firestorm should be considered the default.

As well as Firestorm, there's the Restrained Love Viewer (original RLV code), Singularity, UKanDo, Catznip and Kokua. I've no idea if Alchemy or Black Dragon have RLV/RLVa support.

Links (including Firestorm, which is many people's favourite) available on the Third Party Viewer Directory.

eta: the Lumiya Android viewer also has RLV if you need it on a mobile viewer.

SummerHoliday69 wrote:

Oh, is the 
Restrained Love Viewer (original RLV code) something i can install in the SL viewer?

It's been a while since I used that viewer, so I don't know. I suspect that it's downloaded as an entire viewer. The link on the TPV page should have details.

If you would rather use something like the Official Viewer, both Marine Kelley's Restrained Love Viewer and Kitty Barnett's and Trinity DejaVu's Catznip both have a very similar look and feel to the Official Viewer.   I can strongly recommend them both.  

Marine's viewer, in particular, tends to be considerably more up-to-date with the latest LL features, since, as her viewer is so close to the Official Viewer, she has a lot less to update and test than do the Firestorm team.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.