account suspension

Gray Brickworks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

No Linden's here, just volunteer residents.  Nothing we can do to help you.

LL doesn't just take someone's word for it, nor do they accept chat logs etc as absolute proof since they can be altered.  LL can check their own logs if there is a question about it.

You get a chance to appeal, there was directions in the email they sent you about it.

• Like 4

Amethyst is quite correct.  However, there is another possibility.  If someone else has gotten access to your account, they may have logged in as "you" and committed Terms of Service violations, resulting in the suspension.

Check for indications of this...purchases or $L transactions you don't recall making, avatar logs in at a different place, wearing an outfit you didn't log off wearing, and chat and IM logs that reflect communications you didn't make.

If you believe this has happened to you, you should immediately change your password.  You can include any information in your appeal of the suspension, but I wouldn't bother.  The suspension will be over before the appeals process is complete.

NOTE:  Another person accessing your account MAY be evidence in your favor, but then again, it may not.  The Terms of Service specifically say that YOU are responsible for whatever is done with your account.  In other words, being careless enough to let your account be compromised is no excuse.

On a different point, you mention "reporting without evidence..."  In fact, a lot of people DO have "evidence" of harrassment, in the form of chat and IM logs.  You can keep logs yourself, by setting this up in your Preferences.  However, because someone could alter a chat log, LL does not use chat logs submitted by residents as "proof".  They simply use them as references to check their own logs.  Those are pretty solid "evidence" of what went on.

Just because you believe you didn't harass anyone doesn't mean your actions or tone weren't seen as harassing by the reportee,
i've been the victim of harassment which i've so far resisted ARing the perpetrator, they use local chat, IM, group chat spying/remote stalkinng, camming claiming to be making (with out my consent) youtube videos of me all to try and prove that they think i'm doing something i'm not because they refuse to accept that how able i am to spend my time in SL with RL and health issues getting in the way at times is actually how i spend my time in SL 

you may well have unwittingly done these actions maybe not to prove a point it's not impossible that someone has hacked you and done this and your account is getting in trouble

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.