my lindens dollars was missing when i got back on and saw the purchase on my account ty

Mustangsally Streeter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today i came back to my account but was told had to change my password cause of suspecious activity on my accout  so i cic change my password and had gotten into my account now i look i had no lindens and last time i just purchase dont know wht i left it on but was abt 1000 lindens now gone what can i do for the retrun of my lindens ty

Mustangsally Streeter

2 answers to this question

Uh-oh.  It sounds like you fell for one of the oldest scams on the Internet.  Someone sends you a message to claim that you need to reset your password.  They provide a helpful link to a web page that looks legitimate, so you type in your current password as part of the "update".  But of course they are simply trying to get your password so they can empty your account.

If you suspect your account has been compromised, contact Linden Lab immediately.

Follow these steps:

1. Login to your account on the Second Life support portal.
  2. Enter the following:
    • Under What type of problem are you having?, select "Account Issue" from the drop down menu
    • Under Account Issue, select "I believe my account has been compromised."
    • Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
    • Copy the Tracking Number for your new ticket
    • You will receive an email containing your ticket information.
  3. Call the Fraud number: 800-860-6990
Once they look over your submission, Linden Lab will place your account on hold, and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days in some cases. Once they have finished the investigation, they will send you an email explaining their conclusion and explaining the action that will be taken with respect to your account. As a reminder, all transactions involving Linden Dollars are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS).
  • Like 1

i have nothing to add to Rolig's perfect post.:)

Just be carefull in any form of this kind of messages.

Also in RL this is often used.

Always go to the real original page of the company that asks for a reset by email. Type the url manually or use a trusted link on your own machine to prevent fraud.

to check if a link is real, hoover your mouse over it, with most common settings on your machine it will show the real redirection at your screen. If it's not showing any relations to the company it states to be... delete

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.