Real Estate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I went on the SL website real estate page and prices were exhorbitant.  Is there someplace to go to find an apartment or small house at a reasonable price?  Once I find what I want, how do I go about purchasing it?  Thanks in advance all.

look for the land forums, lower at this page, mainland and/or estate parcels for rent

Or use the inworld search

or marketplace

... SL website is not real estate for parcels, unless you go to the auctions, but you have to be premium to participate.

The lands on the website are whole sims.

When you're looking for rentals, keep an eye on how they price in terms of Prims-per-Linden. Most rentals will hover between 1-2L$ per Prim weekly on your rental, anything over that and you should be worried! You may pay more per-prim if for example the rental is based in a busy community, waterfront property, or includes some sort of benefit. An example might be a small 512qsm parcel with 250 prims being rented for 300-400L$ a week.

Now as for WHERE to go and find one, that is entirely up to you. There are companies that rent out skyboxes or skydomes, a favorite for those looking for privacy; there are also several renters of mainland parcels that can be quite interesting! Utilize the search tool, and simply use common sense. If you can find a company that has plenty of other "Active" rentals, this can be considered as a green safety flag showing there are other happy customers and the business will not be going anywhere soon. Red flags are rentals from individuals with no business credentials, or businesses with no other occupied rentals/units. 

Regardless how you do it, I would recommend simply paying week-by-week, don't pay a month or two up-front. Leave yourself open ended!!

You also may want to consider if you want a furnished or unfurnished rental. For new residents furnishing a new place with furniture that has decent animations can get a ittle expensive. And items like furniture, landscaping and so on willl count against the all importiant prim allowance that the rental place has. Most furnished rentals wil have a prim allowance for you to use on top of the prims already used to make the place look nice.

A simple search under "furnished rentals" will yield many places to check out. Just decide how much you are willing to spend each week and find the one you like most that fits your budget.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.