I would like to purchase a mesh house! How and where can I place it?

melaninqueenxoxo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

The footprint on that house will require a parcel that is at least 48 x 48 m  (= 384 sq m).  If you're buying a lot that size, you might as well go ahead and buy a much larger one, since you'll pay the same monthly land fees on any lot up to 1024 sq m.  In this case, though, even 1024 sq m won't be enough for that house.  According to the Marketplace ad, the house alone has a land impact of  635.  The boathouse and gazebo add another 113.  You'll need at least 3275 sq m. of land just to support the buildings.  By the time you add L.I. for furnishings and landscaping, you're talking about buying about 4096 sq m, at a cost of $25 per month (minus your $5 Premium land fee waiver). 

Unless you really love that house and have a budget that will stand $25 a month, you might want to look for something more modest.  Mesh is an excellent idea, because you'll be able to get something that size with much less land impact.  Although it is important to know how much land you'll need, I suggest not buying a house until you have somewhere to put it. I also strongly suggest shopping for a house in world rather than in Marketplace.  You need to be able to walk around the house inside and out, to see what it feels like.  Use Marketplace as a "catalog" for getting the names of builders and then visit their in-world show areas.  Finally, it would be a very good idea to take Lindal Kidd's free class in land ownership and management, offered every Friday evening at Cledon Oxbridge University, in world.

• Like 3

I have to emphasice what Rolig said: look at the house in Second Life before you buy it. It may look good in a carefully staged and edited promo picutre but that doesn't always mean it looks good in-world. A pciture can lie mroe than a thousand words.

There is also the matter of build quality. I'm sure you have noticed that some meshes are so poorly made they break down into a mess even at moderate viewing distance. You don't see that on a promo picture. Some mesh houses have floor you sink into, walls you can walk right through, doorways you can't walk through and lots of other flaws.

You should never buy mesh unseen from an MP seller you're not familiar with, especially not a mesh house. Since the seller doesn't have a inworld store, you should contact him and ask if he's willing to show it to you in a sandbox or if he can tell you where else you can take a look at it.

• Like 3

Like the others have said, you're going to need a 4096 at the bare minimum. I do notice, however, that house really isn't furnished. You need to remember to allow extra prims for furniture and landscaping as well as extras for things like rezzing out boxes when you've been shopping. There are other places that make great housed that come completely furnished or have lower LI, like Barnesworth Anubis or InVerse. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.