New home

violetgreen7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just upgraded to premium. Where is my home? I was there inside the home. I understand the region is Sadie Su and I named the parcel... Violets Get Away.... I left the home to meet some friends at a dance venue but I don't know how to get back. Help, please. In addition, I would like to buy curtains for the place but I don't know how to do this. Help again, please. Thank you

3 answers to this question

You should have received an email when you got your home, with a link that takes you right there.  There is also one on your dashboard on the SL website, under Land Manager>My Mainland.

When you arrive at your new home the first thing to do is go to World at the top of your screen and click Set Home to Here.  That way all you'll have to do is click the home button (the little house button), Teleport Home on the World menu, or use CTRL+SHIFT+H to return.

• Like 2

When you got your Linden Home, you received an e-mail from Linden Lab, telling you where it is.  Check your e-mail's spam filter if you haven't seen it.  If it's lost, though, you can always get the address easily by logging in to your dashboard at secondlife.com.  Check the Land Manager >>> My Mainland to find exactly where your land is.

Once you have found the house, be sure to use the World menu to Set Home Here.  That way, you can always return home with a single mouse click.  While you're at it, create a landmark from the same menu, and give copies to your friends, so they can find you too.

Finally, curtains and all sorts of other decorations are available in Marketplace and in shops all over SL.  All you have to do is find ones that you like and that fit your financial and land impact budget, buy them, and bring them home.  If you need practice learning basic inventory skills or managing the tools for rezzing and moving objects in world, I recommend spending time at Caledon Oxbridge University or NCI, or any of dozens of other places in world what have excellent tutorials for beginners.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.