Would you adopt a 16 year-old SLifer?

Episkey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've always heard about Second Life being such an extensive experience so much to the point where it's hardly considered just a game to some people. I decided to join to see what it's actually like.

I love it!

Second Life has such a unique expierience and the fact that everything is player-made makes it even more astounding. But there's something that has been bugging me since I first discovered adoptions and families in Second Life.

Would anyone adopt a teen avatar who is actually a teen in real life?

I don't have a very well background when it comes to the family department and I believe that being able to experience what it's like to have a family if even on Second Life would really make me happy. I would be totally committed to whatever the family wants to do. The only problem I can see is: The teen would be somewhat limited to where they can actually go. From what I've seen, there aren't very many exciting G-Rated sims in comparisom to M-Rated Sims.

So would any of you SLifers adopt an avatar who is actually a teen in real life?

Episkey wrote:

I've always heard about Second Life being such an extensive experience so much to the point where it's hardly considered just a game to some people. I decided to join to see what it's actually like.

I love it!

Second Life has such a unique expierience and the fact that everything is player-made makes it even more astounding. But there's something that has been bugging me since I first discovered adoptions and families in Second Life.

Would anyone adopt a teen avatar who is actually a teen in real life?

I don't have a very well background when it comes to the family department and I believe that being able to experience what it's like to have a family if even on Second Life would really make me happy. I would be totally committed to whatever the family wants to do. The only problem I can see is: The teen would be somewhat limited to where they can actually go. From what I've seen, there aren't very many exciting G-Rated sims in comparisom to M-Rated Sims.

So would any of you SLifers adopt an avatar who is actually a teen in real life?

yes

Interesting question!

For me personally, no. But I'm a socially handicapped person. :P But I do think it could be a good opportunity to teach the teen about Second Life like we teach our kids in the real world about life. Such as things like places to go, and places not to go, people to talk to, and what people you should avoid. Plus, and this is hypothetical, but if the teen in real life doesn't have a lot of parental guidance, I know of a lot of adults who genuinely care about todays' youth that would feel very good to not really be a parental figure, but to be a wise knowledgeable friend to someone who may not have a lot of people like that in their life. It's tough being a teen, and I think us adults on SL should reach out to the teens now on board with us as friends and helpful figures. Perhaps you'll be helping someone who needs it in more ways than just teaching them about SL. (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.