copy, modify, or transfer items to inventory

nyghtshade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

since my only choices when rezzing items are "copy to inventory" and "copy and wear", how do i "transfer" an item into my inventory?

i have lost more items than i care to admit because i can't figure out how to do this.  I'm getting tired of buying things and not being able to use or wear them.

8 answers to this question

When you select the option "copy to inventory" the items automatically go into your inventory.  Click the tab option at the top of your inventory for "recent", and you'll find a newly unpacked item in there.

There are some very useful video tutorials that Torley Linden has made - I think you will find some very useful. The link below will take you to the one you are currently requiring, that shows you how to deal with unpacking boxes and transferring to your inventory.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Secondlife#p/u/129/uauWvOs5Ox4 

Nightshade, like Marigold said, when you choose "Copy to Inventory" the items are 'transferred" into your inventory. You can then delete the box/bag/package you just opened or 'take' it, which returns it to your inventory as well. The items that you just copied to inventory are now available for you to use or wear. Again, like Marigold said, use the recent tab in your inventory section to quickly and easily find your just unpacked items. Have fun!

Just to add to Marigold`s perfect answer, when you click "copy to inventory" for a no copy item, you should get a message box advising you "these are no copy items, they will me moved to your inventory...."

Losing the occasional no copy item, is a known annoyance in SL, I try to avoid reattaching them to my avvie too much if they are wearable, because of the risk & if they are objects to rezz inworld I always look both ways and check the lag conditions before rezzing them or taking them back to inventory.

When they do vanish, they actually end up in some weird place on the database that LL cleans out every now and then & you suddenly find the things all back in your inventory. You hear tales of people that have lost and replaced their Chimera 3 times and then one day they find 4 in their inventory lol

• Like 1

Yes, its more than likely just not in the correct folder, rather than gone forever. Things do move around in the inventory. Its important to try and keep them tidy (or you'll end up with a cluttered up load of junk like in my inventory!!!!)

I gave a link to a youtube video, in the other post I made in this thread. If you follow that link, you will also find other links made by Torley Linden - many tutorials about how to do so many things in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.