Big Floating Ads Over Mainland - Is there any hope of getting rid of them?

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I AR'd one today - Pretty hopeless I guess, but the ad completely covered a sim so that, on the map, you couldn't see the SLRR Railroad lines. The property owner apparently only owns about 56,000 of the region 65,536 - the rest was "Protected Land" and my reasoning was that those big floating ads shouldn't be allowed to obscure the roadways, railways, and waterways that are supposedly free for all to use.

If I could have AR'd for "Ugly build" I would have done that, too.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Hopefully since the prim is over LL protected land they will remove it.  Unfortunately the owner of the 56,000sqm can put it up again over their land most likely.

Yes but at least it won't cover the public road etc. and that really is the main issue here. One more ugly ad sign on a map so littered with garbage already doesn't matter nearly as much as that.

There was a sim sized sign abutting my (tiny) piece of mainland long ago. An abuse report WITH PHOTO did get it taken down. I think it took a month, but it did eventually go away. So there is hope.

I have actually had ARs acted on within minutes (Realms) so there are folks reading them. Some are just more important in their eyes than others.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.