Can't rez on mesh?

Sarahbuxso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The reason why you can't rez (assuming this is only on your build and not on everything in the sim as that happens now and then -- though not lately for me ) it is incorrect physics that is to blame. You need to make your own physics models for houses and house parts at least 90% of the time.

You CAN rez in a mesh house made with a correct physics model.

Assuming you aren't going to fix the physics you will most likely you need to rez a floor prim as suggested but don't make it transparent. For some odd reason the server doesn't always think transparent items are -- well let's say "real". Not a techie in that sense, so that my layman's explaination :D.  You may be able to rez a prim, turn it blank and then set it to 100 transparent (NOT a transparent texture - there is a difference). I have had this work for me in the past.

OR make a pretty rug and just rez your items on that.

If you want to fix your model. Look up "house physics" or "can't walk in door" or something similar and you will find lots of explainations on physics models for buildings.

I made a mesh building with physics and I can rez in it just like on a 'normal' prim building. But one time I was renting a mesh house in a sim and wanted to rezz some things and nothing appeared, after a few tries I thought that can´t be! and did an area search for objects owned by me and...they had rezzed, just not where I wanted them to but instead outside and stuck inside the walls of the building out of my sight. Just one maybe off possibility, but maybe check for that just to be sure it´s not simple as that :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.