Who do I talk to about billing for L$?

dickie200951

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've tried purchasing L$ 3 times now, each time my bank account has been charged the full amount shown for the L$ but I receive a message saying that There's a prombel charging my payment method, which clearly there isn't a problem when it's taking my damn money but not giving me my L$ in return.

A little pissed off is an understatement right now, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Also the UK number to call for billing issues does not work.

4 answers to this question

it is impossible your bank gets billed by LL, they only accept payments when  3rd party is in between, Credit Card company, paypal or skrill.

If you try to add a debit or pre paid card the transaction will faill in most cases.

If this is the matter, change your billing method.

If you can't call the UK number perhaps use another one from the list.. as far i know the long distance works.

Contacting Linden Lab billing support

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

• US/Canada: 800-294-1067
  • France: 0805-101-490
  • Germany: 0800-664-5510
  • Japan: 0066-33-132-830
  • Portugal: 800-814-450
  • Spain: 800-300-560
  • UK: 0800-048-4646
  • Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277

Billing Support is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in the US, UK, and Canada and 7 days a week in all other countries listed above.

For speed, I'll include the link at the top: https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

I notice that the page is missing the leading 0 that we use in the UK - the number should be 0800 086 9081

Your options now appear to be  limited to Submitting a Support Case.

That page does say that some International numbers have changed, but doesn't say what they've changed to - or from. Not very helpful!

I'd be pretty cautious trying the same thing repeatedly. You might find the money returned to your account within a few days, but you also might not.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.