"Attempt to Rez Object Failed"

Kurama Bingyi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I always see this whenever I'm in my Linden Home. Never when I'm anywhere else. It gets increasingly frustrated, especially when I have company over at my house and I'm forced to leave for a moment just to show them a new avatar. What, exactly, is causing this message to show up? And what can be done to fix it?

Linden homes have a 117 prims limit. You probably can't rez your object because it's off the prim count allowed. Go to "about land" and check how many prims are left in the "objects" tab.

You can also see how many prims your object "weights" by "wearing" it instead of putting it on the floor. Click right on it and it will show the number of prims.

The problem isn't rezzing the objects on my plot of land. I know it's not that, because I still have 62 prims left. It's rezzing it on my avatar. Almost half of the time I'm in my home, I'm unable to rez objects on my avatar. The other half, I get lucky - albeit after a long period of waiting.

• 7 months later...

I am having the exact same problem at my linden home

I cant rez on myself or in the house. I know i have enough prims the object i have been trying to rez is only 5prim the other is 56prim

there is nothing else in my house. I cant even wear a pair of wings on my back; 
This is so frustrating why did i become a premium member? 

I cant even wear a pair of wings on my back; 

If this is literally what's happening -- that you can't add attachments while in your Linden Home sim, but can wear the same attachments when in other sims -- then be sure to mention that in the support ticket, and do be sure to file such a ticket.

The sim probably just needs to be restarted.  There could also be ongoing network problems to that sim, but that would only be worth pursuing if the easier and more likely restart fix doesn't work.

• 1 month later...

I've also had this problem but not in linden homes. Today has been particularly bad. To wear an outfit I had to tp 3 times to different sims (the first was Fermi, the second was my home and the third was a friends home) - finally I got the complete outfit to attach. I get the same error "Attempt to rez an object failed". I'm not rezzing to ground just trying to wear from the My Outifts folder (all these outfits have been worn before and I have made no changes)... it is getting VERY frustrating!!!!

• 1 month later...

It's not just in Linden homes... I've had this problem more and more the past few days almosy anywhere I go. This is rediculous that every time I want to change outfits or avi's I have to relog 4-5 times just to get all the pieces to come on right

Recently almost at every login I've been getting the "Attempt to Rez Object Failed" message.  And the other thing is that the inventory is never fully loaded at login, even though it was when I logged off.

So, I have to wait till the inventory is fully loaded again and then look at myself to see what object failed to rez (I wonder why the message does not tell in plain words exactly what object failed to rez!).

After finding what failed to rez I try to attach it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  I have noticed that if I change to some other region and attach there, the attaching always works.

Interestingly this failure to rez an object does not happen in one particular region, it can happen anywhere where I might have chosen to log in.  Really annoying thing.

I have the same Issue here, and not in a linden home but on  my own private sim, enough spare prims to rebuild,

Sim not show lag, it even looks like if we get something done it not even be safe to the server.

I tryed a reboot because i couldnt dress myself  to add a script, i  had 3 skirts done, when i came back  i was up with zero, my skirts settings was lost.

|Now i cant dress up to make photo's, and yes, sometimes im wondering , pay this amouth of dollars to get youre own place and you stil not able to do anything.

Lets hope they wake up urly today in usa and fix this isseu

But  its  welknown  , its announced on the grid status page:

[Posted 07:09AM PST, 10 March 2012] We are currently performing inventory server maintenance.  This maintenance should be completed shortly. During this time, some residents will be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in for a brief period. This maintenance may disrupt transactions and logins. Please check back here for updates.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.