Limit Selling?

Russ Moonites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to learn how to Limit sell and from what i have read, I am very confused. I have a learning disability that makes it hard for me to comprehend things sometimes. Right now the Offer to sell rate is L$250/$1. So does that mean I should be Selling L$250 for $1? I need this simplified for me to understand better. If i am understanding this correctly please let me know. And if i am correct should i just make Multiple L$250/$1 orders?

3 answers to this question

yes you are right it is 251 l$ for one dollar.  (when you put in a higher amount you want to sell for 1 dollar the quicker it will sell, 251 is highest at the moment, 250 will not sell before the 251 is gone ... or it might even get 252 if more want to sell fast)

If you want to sell more just keep the rate but enter a higher amount in the first entry.

as example:

quantity 25000L$

exchange rate  251 / 1

What I do is look at the link Manage $L/Sell link.  At the bottom of the page is a list of the top buy and sell offers.  See the picture below:

Make your limit sell offer at the first or second sell rate (the ones I've highlighted in yellow).  These are the most likely to be filled within a few days.  Offers at more favorable (to you) rates are unlikely to be filled for a long time, or ever, since orders at the more favorable (to the buyer) rates will be filled first.

Say you have $L10,000 that you want to sell.  In this case, you would enter the amount ($L 10,000) and the rate you are offering (say, $L249 per 1 US dollar).  You will then be prompted to enter your Second Life password to confirm your offer.

Once you have done that, your available $L balance will be DECREASED by that $L10,000, but your $USD balance will not show an increase until the limit order is filled.  If you find you are waiting too long for that to happen, you can cancel your open order and make another, at a more attractive (to them) selling price.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.