Problem logging in for the past 2 days

Rasputinsa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a problem logging into my accounts for the past 2 days the message i get is:  "we are having trouble connecting. There may be a problem with your internet connection or the Second life Grid please try again in a few minutes or attemot to teleport home".

trying too teleport home also does not work.

on the odd ocasion that i do get logged in i stay a cloud and do not rez properly, cannot move or comunicate, also get messages that clothes etc. are not found and being replaced with standard av clothes. Please advise

I unfortuneatly do not have the option of cabled connection as it is not available where i am, i have tried below solution v v several times but it makes no differance, i have been a member for over 45 days and did not have these issues before onny the past 2 days

2 answers to this question

The symptoms you discribe are almost always a connection issue. A Good Internet connection does NOT mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. Test that connection. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

How old is you computer, it's network card, your router?

Are you using a wired connection? Meaning wire from computer to router/gateway, and DSL or cable to ISP? If not, you likely are going to have connection issues.

You may have a time of day problem. Max use for SL is about 2-3 PM PT. There may be people in your area that are watching Netflix. If you try to login during prime TV time your local area may be max'ing out.

Tuesday and Wednesday morning you are likely to have login issues as the SL servers are upgraded those mornings and servers are restarted. The whole SL system is stressed during that time. Login can be a problem. Try logging  into different regions. Use Morris or Furball or Pooley to see if other regions have recovered from their restart.

Try setting your MAX Bandwidth lower. All that setting does is tell the SL servers to throttle back their sending and be more patient. That may help. It only affects the UDP protocol, but that is the channel used for most update information headed to the viewer. Update info is like avatar movement. I'm not sure how much of the initial connection still uses UDP... but, this might help.

Once you have run through the troubleshooting steps, add what you find to your post. I don't follow these posts. So, if your not getting a response from anyone to your follow up PM me here.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.