SL Marketplace, Item delivered and accepted, but not in inventory.

Kuro Bayn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Before anyone suggests that I haven't searched, I have, for every word in the item's name. I selected keep, and I double checked it with my message history. As far as I know, once the item is delivered there is no lag after you select keep, so that doesn't seem like a viable excuse. I would contact the seller, but they're off of search. I sent a friend request, but I expect it to be dennied.

So my first question is, will a ticket like this ever get answered, and secondly, is it possible for this to just be lag to a ridiculous extent?

6 answers to this question

@Kuro - I had one of those not too long ago. I sent an IM to the Merchant and within a short time I had a new copy. First thing to always try is to message the Merchant. Most of us are very understanding of random glitches. If you include the same info you have here (searched, searched again, and searched one more time) they will generally respond politely.

Fortunately, it doesn't happen often. That was my first in all the time I've been using SL.

Ahh, thank you for your reply, I actually did contact the merchant, they accepted my friend request to help me, which I was pleasently surprised at. I have actually had similar problems in the past with items not being delivered, but never not recieved after the delivery.

@Kuro - You're most welcome. If you're using a viewer (such as Phoenix) that allows you to clear and reset your Inventory Cache, now might be a good time to do that. I highly recommend that after you clear the cache and exit the Viewer, and before you restart the Viewer, that you Defrag your hard drive just to ensure it will be mostly contiguous when the Viewer rebuilds it. That can help quite a bit to improve inventory retrieval speeds and might also eliminate future inventory malfunctions.

Kuro Bayn wrote:

Before anyone suggests that I haven't searched, I have, for every word in the item's name. I selected keep, and I double checked it with my message history. As far as I know, once the item is delivered there is no lag after you select keep, so that doesn't seem like a viable excuse. I would contact the seller, but they're off of search. I sent a friend request, but I expect it to be dennied.

So my first question is, will a ticket like this ever get answered, and secondly, is it possible for this to just be lag to a ridiculous extent?

Usually a clear cache & re-log will work. Just go to a low lag area while inv re-loads.

If the item is no-trans, a merchant will *usually* replace if that fails, but unless they are online, clearing cache & re-logging (sometimes takes a few attempts)  will solve the problem.

I can`t see it being lag, even if it was for a few mins it should have arrived before you had time to do all that searching and write a post here, so its safe to say it failed to make it to your inventory, though I have never seen that happen...Anything is possible in SL.

I didn`t understand your comment about not being able to IM the creator though, no one can hide themselves from "people" search. You should definately contact the creator first as that will be much faster than a ticket, but yes, a ticket for redelivery is fine if all else fails.

Yes!!! It can be lag... But, keep us posted as this has happened to more then a couple of people. If you make a reasonable attempt contact the seller, and no reply, you should get your lindens back. I know it can be frustrating cause I am dealing with the same thing currently. Best of luck and keep us posted

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.