The Measure of Insanity - In World Search

Darrius Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Phil Deakins wrote:

However, it takes sme time for Google to drop a page after it no longer exists and their crawler starts to receive 404s. Where have you seen the rel="nofollow" attribute applied?

you mean this?

<div id="language">
<a rel="nofollow" id="language-drop" href="/account/"><span>Language</span></a>

Couldbe Yue wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

However, it takes sme time for Google to drop a page after it no longer exists and their crawler starts to receive 404s. Where have you seen the rel="nofollow" attribute applied?

you mean this?
                        <div id="language">

<
a
rel
=
"nofollow"
id
=
"language-drop"
href
="
"
><
span
>Language</
span
></
a
>

That's the rel="nofollow" attribute. It turned out that Darrius meant the robots meta tag.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Try this experiment: Create a new parcel but do not set it to show in Search. Get the UUID and check the web page generated for it. It may take up to six hours for the page to be created, but you'll see that it has the "noindex, nofollow" meta tag once the page appears.

Next delete the Parcel by joining it back into its original "Parent" parcel and, after the next scheduled HTML update, you will get a server error.

I don't need to do the experiment - I accept what you say. But just out of inteest, how do you get the UUID of a new parcel that isn't in search? It doesn't get listed on the region page.

A side issue: is it no longer possible to do an All search for a person in V1 and click their name to see their html profile page?

Phil Deakins wrote:

I don't need to do the experiment - I accept what you say. But just out of inteest, how do you get the UUID of a new parcel that isn't in search? It doesn't get listed on the region page.

A side issue: is it no longer possible to do an All search for a person in V1 and click their name to see their html profile page?

I'm MAGIC!! Mwaahahahah!! (LOL)

I use Ann Otoole's excellent Get Parcel Info HUD. It's a freebie available from the Marketplace.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Wow .. how about that. When you click the link from the V2 web-based search page, it takes you to their my.secondlife.com profile page.

I guess they really mean it about moving everything to the web, huh?

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Wow .. how about that. When you click the link from the V2 web-based search page, it takes you to their my.secondlife.com profile page.

I guess they really mean it about moving everything to the web, huh?

And in the process, do away with V1 bit by bit so that it will eventually become unusable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.